How to Back-up and Update
Because we are continuously enhancing our plugins, there are significant file structure changes from your old version that might no longer be compatible or existing in the newest version so you will want to just backup/rename the current /wp-content/plugins/rb-agency/ folder first to something like rb-agency-date and then copy the file /styles/style.css file (as this is your design related file). Then upload the new files to /rb-agency/ as a fresh install and copy the style.css file to /assets/css/style.css this will maintain the current styles.
To ensure no data or functionality will be lost, it is always good to backup first the below files:
1. Profile Database – you can download using the RB Agency csv/xls importer tool found in Tools and Reports
2. Website Database – you can download this when you log in to your phpMyAdmin
3. Stylesheet (for old version) – you can download via ftp, just locate the /rbagency/styles/style.css
4. Stylesheet (for new versions) – go to …/wp-admin/admin.php?page=rb_agency_settings&ConfigID=2 then copy the stylesheet in notepad.
When you are done downloading the above files, please see below for step by step instructions.
1. Download the file from GitHub repository (or if the support sent you the zipped file via email) and save it on your computer.
2. Extract the file.
3. Rename the folder into rb-agency.
4. Extract the “wpfdl.php” folder from the /rb-agency/addon folder in your desktop.
5. Log into your WordPress site and navigate to Dashboard » Plugins » Installed Plugins » Active
6. Locate the plugin RB Agency
7. Click Deactivate
8. Next, log into your ftp client.
9. Locate the /wp-content/plugins/rb-agency directory
10. Rename rb-agency directory into rb-agency-date e.g. rb-agency-20160223
11. Upload the new rb-agency folder from your computer into the /wp-content/plugins directory
12. Upload the “wpfdl.php” file to the /wp-content/plugins/ directory.
13. When done uploading, right-click the rb-agency directory and change file permission to 775
14. When done, go back to your WordPress site and navigate to Dashboard » Plugins » Installed Plugins » Inactive
15. You should see that there are now 2 RB Agency plugins, to know which plugin to activate, hover your mouse to the Activate link, the url will show up at the bottom of the page
16. Activate the plugin with no -date on the url
17. the “WP Force DL” plugin then click Activate.
You may now start Settings configurations.
Please contact email@example.com if you have further questions.